Wednesday 24 November 2010


In January - I will be exhibiting at my 2nd Trade Fair - the design led show at Earl's Court - Top Drawer. It's always very exciting to plan your stand - the above photo showed our stand space at Harrogate - our first show in July. We quickly realised it was a very small space and decided we could afford an extra half a meter. We booked that size stand for Top Drawer and I was very happy with that until I received a phone call the other day, asking me if I'd like an additional meter!! Well my mind went into overdrive the possibilities of display with extra space!


So today I went over to visit my friend with a card spinner and box of dots and spots goodies as she's opening her very own flower shop on Monday. It's only about 30 minutes away but it is in the same vicinity as an adorable little country furniture shop.


She has the amazing collection of really old, lovely bits of furniture. I always pop in on the off chance and always end up coming home with something. The minute I opened the door - I saw it - this lovely little blue painted dresser - it will be perfect for Top Drawer. A cupboard for all the bits of paper you need to hide away and a perfect display space for all my tapes, place setting cards, notebooks and magnets. And the best bit of all - it was just £75.00!



I loved my stand layout at Harrogate but it's always good to change things around. Of course there is the question of fitting everything in the car - but I'll worry about that nearer the time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dresser is absolutely gorgeous, and at that price it's practically a steal.

Enjoy all the planning for TD, I'm sure it will be even more successful that Harrowgate!

Judith said...

This looks so lovely. I'd like to come over, but that's not possible )-:
Seeing your things makes me smile!!
Good luck and wishing you all the best,
Judith

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Wow, how lucky are you! I never see anything like that for less than £300. I'm sooooo jealous.

Tamsyn said...

ahh I think I know where you've been ;) that dresser is fantastic a great find and will make your stand look even more gorgeous. Your going to do so well at Top Drawer and the Jan one is the best :)