Wednesday 29 December 2010

Tidying up for the end of the year


I have spent the day in my studio - looking out at the grey, miserable sorry for it's self, garden! It always looks it's worst at this time of year. I've been tidying up all the loose ends of 2010 - paying outstanding bills, packaging up post Christmas orders and turning my attention to list making! So many things to do in 2011.



I also took a moment to look back through my blog and when I got to this photo, I stopped and sighed. This photo was taken at the end of April this year - hard to think that in 4 months time the garden could be looking like this again - fresh and green and with the promise of some warmer days ahead.
Roll on Spring!

4 comments:

All things nice... said...

Oh I agree, today was so miserable here too, drizzling rain all day. Your garden is lovely though :)

All things nice...

Globetrotting Gamine said...

i was LITERALLY doing that today, too! right now i am about to post about the blizzard...and then i'll take a pic of my messy studio space for you!

still love your blog!

love me,
the globetrotting gamine

*whosthatgamine.blogspot.com*

Unknown said...

This is a lovely photo to look at. Everything looks so grubby and grey at this time of year. This looks fresh and clean and new.

Stripes and Stars said...

Heres to Spring, my most fav part of the year - where everything comes alive again, including myself! Amanda....x