Friday 29 April 2011

The Big Day


So the bunting went up, the only house in the row and maybe the only house in Shepton Mallet - I certainly haven't seen any more and was met with much embarrassment from my 8 year old son!!



But I'm glad I did - because whilst watching the television coverage of this wonderful occasion all morning, I felt extremely proud to be British and despite everyone else in the house hold being uninterested from the outset, by 11.00am everyone was watching!


We even had Royal Wedding sweets to celebrate!



The wedding was, as my daughter summed it up 'magical' - they both looked truly happy and very much in love.


And of course it was all sealed by 'the' kiss.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

It sure was a magical fairytale and on a few wee occasions had to wipe a tear (or two) from my eyes. Proud to be British indeedybobs. Had a ickle party of our own to celebrate n all. Whoop whoop. Loves Ionwen X

Jenny said...

Wasn't it just?? She is so beautiful, we were all watching it avidly - well I was anyway! Enjoy the rest of the day xx

two bones and a bagle said...

It was indeed magical - we had our bunting up home made by me from Aldi teatowel's no less - we know how to party.Not many up around here either although a nearby village is dolled up. Just remembered forgot to get my union flag out.

Diane Mars said...

Beautiful Post~ oxox, Diane

Penny said...

It was lovely, wasn't it? It was so great seeing all those happy smiling people on tv after all the sad things that have been happening over the world. A truly happy day!

Just me, Leah said...

How lovely does your house look?!

It was a lovely thing to watch and I had to get the tissues out on a number of occasions. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. W & K are truly in love and it was beautiful to see.

All things nice... said...

I really enjoyed the wedding and Catherine's dress was perfect in every way :)

All things nice...

LissyLou said...

It was gorgeous wasn't it?

Thank you so much for my giveaway - i recieved it saturday.
They are all gorgeous. I'll be blogging about it very soon xxxxxx

Victoria said...

Wasn't it a lovely lovely day. x

salty pebble said...

such a treasure trove of dotty spots- love it!!!!! ive been looking through your older posts- i love your creations ;0)x

Unknown said...

I love your decorations! The wedding was fabulous - we watched it on tv too. My little daughter keeps trying to spot the "princess" on the news all the time now. :)