Wednesday 17 August 2011

A 'must do' visit to St Ives



I couldn't go to Cornwall without a visit to my most favourite place in the UK - St Ives.




I remember as a child, going down for an evening, meeting up with family, wandering through the shops on Fore street, paddling and playing on the small beaches surrounding the harbour and ending the day with fish and chips and an ice-cream.


Well our family holidays are very similar - it wouldn't be a holiday in Cornwall without a visit or 2 to St Ives. Sophie and I certainly enjoy ambling along Fore Street doing a little shopping although her favourite shops are the sweet shops! I did a post about my favourite shops in a blog post back in April (click here to revisit!)


Sam prefers to spend his time paddling and building sandcastles - whatever the time of year, he always ends up in the water.


You can't get away from the abundance of Art work and of course the seaside treats.





Pasties - delicious!



Childhood favourite - rock!



Yummy clotted cream fudge.



Loved these stripey lollies!



And of course it wouldn't be St Ives without the seagulls and........





......latterly the seals are always in the harbour.

I think I would now be disappointed if I didn't see one!



Always two very happy children after a day at St Ives and of course tummies full of fish and chips.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

We always do the same, the light is so fantatic there!
This year the seagulls got our pasty before we had even taken a bite!
Sadly we didn't see the seals but maybe it was because the sea was out!
Great pictures.

LissyLou said...

st ives is gorgeous, i also love Padstow. taking bikes from wadebridge to padstow is one of my fave days out ever!!

Country Cottage Chic said...

LoveSt Ives too. We were there just before Easter & the weather was fantastic.

cufflinks said...

going to st ives this summer, never been before but cant wait after seeing your photos engraved cufflinks