Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Wishing all of you a very lovely Mother's Day and hope you are being spoilt rotten. I have made a special request from my two - no bickering for the duration of the day! It will be interesting to see how long they can last!

I have been spoilt though

Handmade cards - always the best on this special day and

heartfelt words - something to cherish.

This bar of soap may not look much but Sophie choose it and bought it herself yesterday on a shopping trip with her friends so somehow it is extra special.

I was also treated to this gorgeous bag made by the very talented Karen of Blueberry Park

Yesterday I treated myself to an hour on my own over at Mells - Spring at the Barn run by the lovely Rebecca (edamay)

It is the most beautiful setting and there was a truly talented ensemble of crafts people selling their wares.

I finally met the lovely and very colourful Tamsyn and her son Arthur who I have tweeted with for the past couple of years but have never met, despite living relatively close. Another coffee date on the horizon.

I am very lucky to have met so many lovely people on my dots and spots journey over the past 3 years, so it is lovely to see old faces and meet new. The lovely Charlotte Macey on the left of the photo is a very talented textile artist and the very lovely Julia Davey who I met for the first time yesterday is a fabulous ceramist.

Charlotte Macey
Julia Davey Ceramics (please excuse the red glow - it was from the heater on the wall)

I also came across the work of Sally Gardiner who made the most beautiful ceramic hares - I know who would love one of these.

Jess Hyde is the person behind Rockadoo Designs - I know Jess very well as our boys went to school together and were best friends from the age of 4 - a friendship cemented by the fact they went to school on the first day wearing the same shoes! Sadly we moved Sam to a different school 2 years ago and sort of lost touch, so it was lovely to catch up and hopefully get the boys together again soon plus see her new venture for real.

Wendy of Redbrick Glass was lovely - we have only recently started tweeting and facebooking each other but again it felt like I have known her for ages. She makes the most beautiful glass items - I have already mentally bought some of her gorgeous lights for Christmas.

So another great fair. Rebecca has prised me out of hibernation and I have promised to have a table at Christmas at the Barn on Saturday December the 1st. I have not done a fair now for a couple of years but I have been a a visitor for the past 2 years and it is such a lovely event. I will remind you nearer the time.

So I'm off to relax for the rest of the day - enjoy your Mother's Day and what's left of the weekend.

4 comments:

Vintage from the Village said...

Happy mothers day to you. Guess what I was lucky enough to open this morning? - one of your MUM Dots and Spots cards !!
Sue x

dots and spots said...

Oh how lovely - I love to hear when people have received a dots and spots card or gift - hope you are having a lovely day.

Unknown said...

What a lovely show and great to see Tamsyn and some other familiar faces. I spotted my eggs on the Edamay stand... do hope she sold some :)
x

Anonymous said...

Lovely post and more local ladies, Tamsyn used to be here in Gillingham before relocating to Wincanton! Such a small world!