Sunday 5 August 2012

Frome Flea and Artisan Market

 Sophie and I were there bright and early to visit Frome Flea and Artisan Market - we haven't been before so had no idea what to expect. We started at the Flea Market down near the Cheese and Grain - it was small and there were a few traders I recognised from the the Shepton Flea - Sophie treated her self to some cupcake material from Kirsten at Make and Do, I was very good and just looked!.

 I thought the flowers in Frome looked very pretty.

 Oh La La Lampshades really caught my eye - she has a website coming soon!

 We decided to head up Catherine Hill straight away and then amble our way back down.

 We visited the Pop Up shop Tea 'n' Cake where a collective of local artisans have come together - it looked great - I wish them well - it's only on for the week so do pop in if you are local.



 There were so many food stalls - I'm surprised I had no photo's of cakes as there were so many delicious temptations about but I stayed on the straight and narrow and bought treats for the rest of the family, not myself.

 I saw the lovely Julia on her stand 'Julia Davey Ceramics' and stopped for a chat.

 I was tempted to treat myself to some spotty pebbles  made by Clare from CRM Ceramics



 The flowers on display were beautiful.....

 .....and Yes! I treated myself to another bunch of sunflowers,

which look lovely at home - I hope it stays dry for them, it was a very lovely way to spend a morning and if you are tempted, it's on the first Sunday of the month *See more info here*

8 comments:

All things nice... said...

Looks like a lovely market, we don't have any like that near me here in Ireland. Such lovely items too, love the ceramics :)

All things nice...

Bumpkin Hill said...

What a lovely looking market. It has surprised me how many creative sould seem to live in somerset and dorset. I keep seeing Frome pop up too. Catherine x

katysclutter said...

I was just looking at this lovely market and spotted a face I recognise. I don't know julia Davey but work with her dad! Small world…I just wish we had more stuff like this near us :)

dots and spots said...

It is a small world - Julia makes lovely ceramics - very talented. Frome was lovely today, lots of people about despite the showers.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers! The bread looked yummy! A wonderful time for you and your daughter!

Colleen said...

Bautiful flowers, the jam looks delicious too. x

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

Ooh to be near Frome on the first Sunday of the month, so many lovely things. Bread and cheese, jam and sunflowers, lovely fabric and ceramics, I'd be spoilt for choice! I especially like the ceramic pebbles. You obviously had a great time, thanks for sharing :-)

Unknown said...

love this post Becky, what great photos.