Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy 2013




Bye Bye baubles,


hello sunshine.


What a glorious way to start the New Year - blue skies and sunshine - something we haven't seen for a while and which have both, been sorely missed.


I always take the tree down on New Years Day.
 I like to start the year with a clean and tidy house.


 The dresser has been de-cluttered and a vase of fresh, red tulips take centre stage.


The new calendar is up, ready to fill with the years plans.


And the pom poms - well they have been given a little reprieve and will stay up a while longer.
They look too pretty to put away.

Happy New Year to you all 
 I hope 2013 brings plenty of sunshine and happiness along the way!

6 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Always thought it was just me who liked to take the tree down on 1st January. I too love to start the new year afresh. Lovely bright Tulips for this wonderful sunny day, lets hope we see more of the sun this year
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Pink Milk said...

I just wanted to let you know that I spent a wonderful half hour or so the other day, reading through your blog posts. I've been a follower for some time but, smack wrists, a bit of bad blogger of late! Your home is a total joy - such lovely colours and interesting treasures.

I'm off to poke around your webshop now!

A very happy 2013 to you.

Heather x

Kate said...

Love your blog, your tulips (too soon for these in Canada just yet!) and most of all the thought that 2013 will be full of sunshine and happiness.
Happy New Year, Kate

Claire said...

Happy New Year to you all Becky :D I have been slacking on reading your lovely blog but now Christmas is gone I will put my feet up with a cuppa and have a read back x x x

primrosesattic said...

Today I took a few bits down,but
can't bear to take the tree down yet. My children like me to keep
it up as long as possible. This means that I have to wait till they go back to school.
Happy New Year. Rosezeeta.

Jo said...

Happy New year. I too like to start the year with and clean, tidy and organised home so my tree and decs have come down to. I'm looking forward to following all your adventures in 2013.