Wednesday 3 April 2013

A few days of .....

....sand, sea and sunshine.


On Sunday we headed down to Cornwall - a few days away, staying with my
Mum and Dad.


We had blue skies and sunshine but boy, was it cold. 
I don't think I've ever felt it this cold.


Jeff and I braved the beach at Godrevy on Monday - as you can see not too many people out and about. Despite the cold, it was great to walk across the beach, the wind blowing a bitter gale but great for the soul.


I look forward to the Summer and it feeling a lot warmer.


 We headed to St Ives on Tuesday, thinking it might feel a little warmer but no, it was freezing especially in the wind.



We watched the crazy surfers, wrapped up warm and dry from the sidelines.


Normally we would spend the whole day there but by early afternoon we were too cold and headed back to my Granny's for coffee and cake and a chance to warm up.


Even the seagulls looked cold!


I was very naughty and enjoyed a few treats whilst we were away - I blame it on the cold!
Now I'm home it's back to a more healthy diet. It's only 7 weeks now until our week in the warm sunshine so now is the time to get motivated, no more excuses.

4 comments:

Elli Moody said...

Looks lovely - if chilly :)

KC'sCourt! said...

Looks lovely, but very cold
Julie xxxxx

Angie Browning said...

Oh I love these photos! Really getting me in the mood - I'm also getting excited about the summer! I think it's coming.... but the beaches are still lovely even in this weather... blows the cobwebs off! Food looks delicious and I love that shop Seasalt! *dreaming of warm sunshine on my skin* :)

by Deva said...

Lovely place, lovely England :)
by Deva