Friday 23 August 2013

Where has this week gone?

Having been a teacher and with school age children of my own, the school holidays play a big part in routines and how we organise blocks of time. Whenever we get to the last 2 weeks of the holiday, it always feels like the Summer break is nearly over, when in fact there is still a third of the actual holiday left.


Nevertheless, my mind suddenly turned to uniform shopping and the dreaded school shoe shop and the inevitable sewing in of name labels! So Sam and I headed off to do just that on Monday - successful but bankrupt!


There seems to be an autumnal feel in the air too, especially in the evenings. The sun is lower and no longer in the garden past 6 o'clock and the blackberries are starting to ripen on our evening walks.


My attention is turning to Christmas prep and ordering in the relevant stock .

  
The web stores need to be re-jigged and ready for the festive season


and our Christmas cards now need to be packed in readiness for orders.


So I am making the most of my lazy starts for the last 2 weeks of the holidays. Relaxed morning coffee in my studio rather than rushing round, making packed lunches before the school run.


And mixed in, the extra bit of family time whilst the sunny, warm weather is with us.
(Shepton Mallet Lido)

Enjoy your Bank Holiday Weekend - fingers crossed the sun shines.

No comments: