Monday 30 September 2013

Blackberries in abundance


Yesterday afternoon Jeff and I decided to go for our usual walk. Throughout the Summer I have patiently been watching the hedgerows change and 'Yes' the wait was over - blackberries galore. 


We picked loads and they were delicious - so what to do with them all. 
An apple and blackberry crumble of course but I also wanted to make something a little different. This is where Pinterest comes in very handy - I simply typed 'Blackberry Recipes' into the search box and a whole host of delights popped up.


I had to wait for the children to come home - I'm not allowed to Bake without help! 
We went for this delicious Blackberry and Apple Cake - you can find out all the information *HERE* 
And I must say, it is delicious x

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

That cake looks delicious! x

Jo Sheldrake said...

Looks delicious Becky. I have been making Blackberry Jelly. Are there any more left as I have trying to find some more blackberries? Jox

Jo Sheldrake said...

Looks delicious Becky. I have been making Blackberry Jelly. Are there any more left as I have trying to find some more blackberries? Jox