Tuesday 15 July 2014

A simple Sunflower




I was given 4 sunflowers by a friend at the end of May - we potted them on, put them in a sunny spot and hoped for the best.


Well they grew - taller than me (which is not difficult to do!)








And over the past four days the first one flowered.
If you are a regular follower of this blog you know we had sunflowers at our wedding, so a favourite here. The seeds I planted straight into the soil did absolutely nothing, so next year I must remember to pot some up inside first if I can hope to match this year's success.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Impressive! Well done! I love sunflowers.
My order for Xmas cards in your sale arrived today! Great service. Thank you. Nothing like being prepared in advance! He he. Mandy x

KC'sCourt! said...

Perhaps thats where I go wrong. I cannot grow sunflowers, so we will try pots next year! Your sunflowers and magnificent!
Julie xxxx