Thursday 30 October 2014

Half term treats


It was London on Saturday, spent Sunday recovering and then Sophie had a pre-birthday sleepover and shopping trip to Bath with her lovely friend Lizzie. Bill's in Bath was the first stop for Breakfast, the girls then go off, I do my own thing, then we meet up again for lunch which of course I pay for!!


I was a little naughty but convinced myself it was a pre-birthday treat for me too! I've wanted a pair of DM's for years and have never quite bought an actual pair. I've looked for cheaper alternatives but never found the right thing so at last, I went and got the ones I actually wanted. They'll need wearing in as they are always quite stiff to start with but it will be worth it.


Sophie has now gone away to Lyme Regis for a few days with Lizzie and her family - lucky girl so it just leaves Sam to help carve out the pumpkins tomorrow. I'm quite proud of our first growing endeavours - I might try making soup or something with one - will see what they're like once we cut into them. 

Can't actually believe that it's Halloween tomorrow and we'll be in the month of November - this year is whizzing by far too quickly for my liking!

2 comments:

Stripes and Stars said...

DM's, must love em. When you have broken them in, they will be like a pair of slippers, and will last you forever xxx

dots and spots said...

I know exactly what you mean Stripes and Stars - think they'll take a little while but will be so worth it in the end!