Thursday 8 January 2015

First of the year


The last couple of mornings have been tough - it's been hard to motivate myself to get out of bed. It's dark, cold, wet, what you'd expect in January I guess but difficult just the same! So as soon as the rain stopped today, I went out for my walk around the park and spotted my first snowdrops - a cheery sight at such a miserable time of year. The sun was shining and for once I didn't pop my headphones on, instead I listened to the birds singing as I did my couple of laps.


The sun is shining in through the windows at home and my spring flowers are doing just the job to cheer me up and will my way through January. I must say this week has gone by pretty quickly, much to the children's delight!

2 comments:

inmykitchen said...

Snowdrops are a reassuring sight :)

dots and spots said...

Aren't they just Jo x