Monday 25 May 2015

Baked Oat Cookies


When you are trying to lose weight and crave, in my case cake and cookies, the best way to carry on is to find a best fit alternative. I can't take credit for the recipe, I found it over on Instagram but I do add different things to the basic recipe to change things up. 

The basic recipe is one egg beaten, add to it 35g of oats, mix together and then add a dash of vanilla essence or sweetener to taste. Then you can add whatever else you like - grated apple and cinnamon, grated carrot and nutmeg, peanut butter and choc chunks, chopped cherry and almond essence, the list really does go on.....


I used a Whitworths apricot and seed mix shot and a few chocolate chunks with a sprinkle of cinnamon to these. Once added to the basic ingredients, mix together and then dollop out onto a baking sheet, fork into a basic cookie shape making 3/4 cookies and then bake for 10 minutes or until done. It really is that easy.


I tend to serve mine with a yogurt and fruit to make it more of a meal but they would be lovely eaten straight out of the oven as an afternoon snack too with a cup of coffee. Give them a go and if you think of any other good combinations, let me know.

1 comment:

Country Cottage Chic said...

They do look good - thanks for posting this recipe!