Wednesday 23 March 2016

Inspired

Back in January I set myself the challenge to run 500 km in 2016, that worked out at about 2 x 5 km runs a week. Now that sounds completely doable but with the build, the cold and rainy weather, I have only run 14/100 when it should be more like 25 by now!! I have a lot of catching up to do!


So inspired by the incredible achievement of Eddie Izzard recently, to run 27 marathons in 27 days for Sports Relief, I have challenged myself to run 27 5 km runs in 54 days, so every other day which is a little more realistic. 


This will still be tricky with family life, a house to decorate and rain in the mix (I don't run in the rain!!!) and I will probably end up having to do a few consecutive days to keep up but I think it will help me re-focus on my running and I'm going to try to run 10 km on the last run to recreate Eddie's double marathon on his last day!


So here goes - I ran yesterday, and I plan to run tomorrow and Friday, so a great start. Hard to believe this time last year I'd only just about run a full 5 km without stopping and in just under 30 mins. Just goes to show what a little effort and commitment can achieve.

No comments: