Sunday 18 September 2016

Keeping it off.....

2 Years ago I walked through the doors of Slimming World and changed my life forever. I lost the weight in 40 weeks but most importantly have kept it off now for 2 years. It has been hard work, old habits don't disappear but I'm determined now I'm in my mid 40's, that this time the weight is staying off. I still go to my Slimming World class and I believe that the support, encouragement and inspiration from there, motivates me to keep 'on it'.


I still find Instagram is a huge help and you can follow me HERE should you wish. I'm a few pounds out of target after the summer but am back to group weekly, planning my meals, recording everything, joined a yoga group, as my running has stalled due to a bad back and hip niggles - so I'm hoping to get back at 'target' by the end of the month.


You have to see it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, as it is forever but when you can still eat a big roast......


..... and waffles and still lose weight, it's an easy plan to embrace.
As long as my size 8 jeans fit, I'm happy especially when they were once a size 18!

4 comments:

Debdor said...

You have achieved something that no-one else I know has done, lost the weight and kept it off! Gives me hope. I have known quite a few people to lose the weight, some through fads - like a liquid diet, some through groups, but they have gradually put most if not all of it back on. You seem to have found a good balance between eating normal food, and exercise.

Angel Jem said...

I love that you have done it... and keeping it off is the hard part. Good on you for your determination!

Amanda said...

People don't always get it is lifestyle and long term. I've managed to keep my weight off for 17 years. Still going group is the answer, although I know I have to go group every week, because it's my job lol, I still get lots of support personally of the members. Keep going, you're an inspiration.

Sharon said...

I love Slimming World - I lost six stone and got to target in January 2015 and have kept it off - it's the first time in my (nearly) 60 years that I have been slim. Like you, I am a few pounds out of target but will get that off soon. I still go to group every week because I still learn things and get new ideas. Well done to you - you look great! xxx