Sunday 1 January 2017

Hello 2017!

 

Happy New Year 

 

and hello 2017!


We celebrated in style last night, with a sparkly Viennetta!
The children were out enjoying themselves, we were taxi service for one of them after the bells chimed, so a quiet New Year's Eve for Jeff and I.

 

This morning, the start of a new year, is always exciting.
A clean page lies before you, new goals to work towards, exciting dreams to hope for, new opportunities and experiences to challenge us and new adventures to explore. However, we have nothing too big or exciting this year ahead of us, no money for a holiday - this year is a 'get on with it' year!

Sam has his GCSE studies to focus on, it's all seemed a long way off up until now and he does say, 'try to go to the gym at least once a week' - the jury's out on both!!!.

Sophie has her AS levels in the Summer, her driving test when she's ready and I guess her attention will turn towards university applications.

Jeff wants to keep the weight off, keep up his fitness levels and I hope he'll stay injury free!

I want to keep the weight off, slowly get back into running if my back and hip allow. I want to finish the outstanding rooms in the house - bathroom, utility, hall, stairs and landing!
I want to grow fruit and vegetables in our garden, plant bulbs for next spring and allium's for next Summer. I want to enjoy having Sophie and Sam around, as I realise more and more how independent they're becoming and how they'll be off doing their own adventures soon. I want to flirt with the idea of a little foreign adventure, even if it was just for a couple of days - no holiday this year is hard! I do have Take That to look forward to in early June and I have a school reunion in April, celebrating 30 years since we left school, now that does make me feel old! And I want a new challenge for me, not sure what yet, more on that as the year unfolds!

I hope your 2017 is full of everything you want it to be. I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason, so what will be, will be. As long as you can spend the year happy and healthy, feel the warm sunshine on your face and meet everything with a positive 'can do this' attitude, you can't go far wrong.

Here's to a fabulous 2017 x



No comments: