Sunday 15 October 2017

Halfway through October.....

.....already!


Some months seem to come and go by so quickly and October is no exception - October and November are big birthday months here. My mum, my sister, my niece and it would have been Jeff's Mum's birthday too, all fall in October, swiftly followed by Sophie and I in November - a busy and expensive time.


Sophie has had a busy few weeks but she finalised and sent off her UCAS application this week, now all we can do is sit and wait and cross our fingers that she receives a few offers. She cracked open the Christmas chocolates to celebrate and as with tradition here, we sort out all the chocs into piles, then bag up mixed selections to replenish the tin with, over the festive season. All the chocs we don't like are then ready to give out to any trick or treater's who might knock on the door on Halloween.


Everyone has been really busy, Jeff took on a new role this term so has extra reports to do, Sophie seems to be constantly working and as I mentioned above, has now completed her UCAS application and Sam? well he has his mocks straight after half term and has accepted that an hour a night of focused work is now expected of him, so the kitchen table on an evening is now a hub of activity.


I had a lovely day off on Friday and treated myself to a day out in Bath, although ended up shopping for a certain someones 18th coming up very soon. It was good to have a change of scenery though.


I worked overtime yesterday but put a whole chicken in the slow cooker before I left and enjoyed picking probably the last of our homegrown from the garden. The beans have been very generous, as have the wild strawberries, a few raspberries and one self seeded tomato!


We didn't have the best Summer weather wise and no Indian Summer to enjoy either but the skies recently, both morning and evening have been truly spoiling us. Sunrise at the back of the house....


....and sunset at the front.

I'm off to work now - I do every other Sunday, so not too bad and if it's busy, the time flies by. 
Have a lovely Sunday and just one more week until half term. I am working this year but have a couple of treat days planned x

No comments: