Sunday 3 December 2017

It's beginning....

....to feel a lot like Christmas.


I had a day off yesterday and spent the morning food shopping and baking and in the afternoon, I started writing my Christmas cards, I'm halfway through at a guess. I must confess I'm trying to send less this year but there's still a good 70+ on the list!


Today Sophie and I were up early Frome bound, for the monthly Independent Market. It's held on the first Sunday of every month between March - December. Sadly I think it's become a victim of it's own success and was just far too busy this year. It sadly didn't have the same lovely Christmassy atmosphere of previous years (we've been going since 2013), trying too hard to be cool and poor Sophie, there were 100's of dogs 'everywhere' which wasn't great for someone with a genuine fear of them, particularly as it was so busy, so nowhere to hide.


The quieter, less busy bit, is the flea market area. I was very good and just looked, no buying! It was nice to see a few friendly faces in amongst the crowds and we bumped into Jeff's Uncle (waves! I know he reads this) for a catch up, which was lovely.


I love Frome and the market is great for bringing people and business into the town but it really was too busy this year to enjoy it and we were there super early too, in an attempt to beat the crowds. I did manage to capture this shot of Bramble and Wild, one of the lovely independent shops you can find in Frome, before the madness built up, I'll have to return on a normal week day when it'll be quieter.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend. 

No comments: